1) Be who you are, not who you think others want you to be. Leave room for your own growth, don’t brand yourself into a corner.
2) DON’T get Domme-ites, which means that you believe everyone, not just your clients, should bow down before your greatness. Don’t believe your own hype and recognize that you are a regular person who happens to have the opportunity to be the center of the universe sometimes, and get paid for it.
3) Communication is the key to success in all aspects of life, and this industry is no different. Don’t say one thing and mean another. Be clear in your advertising, what you will and won’t do. Don’t play games that will likely put you in a compromising situation.
4) Save money! Don’t let the high hourly wage go to your head, and remember, the time you spend in session isn’t the only time you’re working. When you include time spent on advertising and communicating with potential clients, plus the set up and break down of sessions, the ‘per hour’ rate gets smaller. Still high in the grand scheme of things, but not the flat rate you get ‘for’ the session.
5) Present yourself professionally and then BE professional. Don’t be a flake. Don’t be rude to people. Take your business seriously and it can bring you a lot of fun, joy and money.